EC Introduces Cuts in Mobile Data Roaming Price Caps from 1 July
As of 1 July 2014, the EU will cut the roaming price caps for data downloads by more than half, phone calls and text messages will become cheaper as well.
From the beginning of July 2014 mobile providers in Europe can offer customers a specific roaming deal before they travel and, where available, allow them to choose a local mobile provider for data services such as emailing, reading the news online, uploading photos and watching videos online, in the country they are visiting, the press center of the European Commission informs.
The EU is working on new rules to eliminate roaming charges altogether. The Commission's Connected Continent regulation would see the end of roaming charges, as well as a guaranteed open and neutral internet, and better consumer protection for mobile and broadband users, the EC press release reads.
Roaming charges were at their peak years ago when EU started to take action in 2007. The results are a 80-90% drop across roaming services in 2014 compared to 2007.
- » PM Borisov: We have the Necessary Infrastructure and Means to Continue "Turkish Stream"
- » Boyko Borisov will Open the First Plovdiv Economic Forum
- » Prices of US Goods in Europe are Rising from Tomorrow
- » Angelkova Expects 5% Growth in Foreign Tourists
- » India Raises Import Duties for US
- » A New German Plant Opens 2000 Jobs in Bulgaria