Bulgaria's Plovdiv to Host Traditional Crafts Week 2014
Bulgaria's city of Plovdiv will host the 8th Traditional Crafts Week from 23 to 29 June, the Regional Ethnographic Museum announced.
For the 8th year in a row craftsmen from all around the country will demonstrate their skills in the picturesque courtyard of the house Koyumdzhioglu. The goal of the event is to preserve and promote traditional handicrafts and old master’s craft techniques.
All week long the masters of traditional crafts will present their skills at the courtyard of the Regional Ethnographic Museum (REM) – Plovdiv. Everyday at 11 o’clock there will be a special presentation of the displayed crafts: jewelry, cutlery, trade, candle manufacture, shepherd woodcarving, production of musical instruments, basketry, pottery, weaving, felt, etc.
On Tuesday, a reconstruction of the custom "Midsummer bride" (Enyova bulya) will be performed with chanting of flowers, intertwining herbs for the Enyovden large wreath of 77 herbs and a half. All guests can pass beneath it for health, prosperity and blessing.
The program of the Traditional Crafts Week can bee seen here.
- » Bulgarian Artist Christo's 'London Mastaba' Made from over 7,000 Stacked Barrels Floats on Serpentine Lake
- » The Bulgarian "Cultural Reforms" Movement Begins a Series of Cultural Policy Forums
- » SKILLET in Sofia with First Solo Concert in Bulgaria!
- » The 11th Bulgarian Cinema Festival in Rome is Coming soon
- » The ANASTACIA Concert in Sofia is Canceled
- » IMANY with Two Big Concerts in Sofia and Plovdiv in June