Brazil, Netherlands Seal Top Group Spots in World Cup
Tournament hosts Brazil and the Netherlands clinched the top spots in their groups after the last round of play on Monday.
Two first half goals from youngster Neymar and two more from Fred and Fernandinho after the break, took Brazil to a commanding 4:1 win over last place Cameroon. In the other group A match, Mexico defeated Croatia 3:1 after a goalless first half.
Despite finishing level on points (7), Brazil’s superior goal difference over Mexico took them to the top, which means they will avoid playing the Netherlands in the next round.
The Dutch became the first and only team so far, to finish the groups with a perfect record of 3 wins, by beating Chile 2:0. Once again Arjen Robben was instrumental for his team, regardless of not scoring. They will face Mexico in the round of 16, while Chile will go up against the challenge of Brazil.
In the other group B game, title holders Spain avoided the miserable prospect of finishing in last place, beating Australia 3:0 with goals from David Villa, Fernando Torres, and Juan Mata, all of whom were substitutes in their team’s losses to Chile and the Netherlands.
- » "Levski" Marks 104 years since the Founding of the Football Club
- » Grigor Dimitrov Posted in Social Networks a Message for the Most Special Person
- » Slavia Sofia Won the Bulgarian Cup after a 22-year Break
- » Huge Interest for the Final of the Bulgarian Football Cup Between Levski and Slavia
- » Grigor Dimitrov was Eliminated in Round 2 of the Masters in Madrid
- » Milos Raonic Will Compete With Grigor Dimitrov