Russian VTB Bank 'Not Planning to Save' Bulgarian KTB
Russia's VTB bank does not intend to take part in the capital injection planned at the Corporate Commercial Bank (KTB), according to bank sources.
RIA Novosti agency, citing anonymous VTB officials, said Russia's second-largest bank owns a EUR 10 B stake in KTB and does not seek to increase it.
Press service representatives at VTB Capital (the subsidiary of VTB which purchased assets in KTB last year) refused to comment on the information.
Novosti's reports come days after the Bulgarian National Bank (BNB) decided to place KTB under special supervision over exhaustion of liquidity.
Minutes after the central bank's move it was announced that VTB, which is one of the of the three biggest banks in East Europe, had shown interest in helping KTB by boosting its presence there.
On Sunday, BNB announced a similar measure for KTB's subsidiary Credit Agricole Bulgaria.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Facts about Crude Oil that Every Trader Should Know
- » Half a Century Later: Bulgaria Leaves Two Soviet Banks
- » Bulgarian Economist: January 1, 2024 is a Possible Date for Joining the Eurozone
- » Bitcoin Usage in the Hospitality Sector
- » Bulgaria: Bank Accounts will Automatically be converted from BGN to EUR on the Day of Introducing the Euro
- » How To Boost Your Credit With Personal Loans