EC Vows Assistance for Flood-Affected Areas in Bulgaria
The European Commission is ready to mobilize all available instruments in the EU to support the people affected by the floods in Bulgaria, according to EC President Jose Barroso.
In a statement to Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev, Barroso expressed solidarity with the people and the authorities in Bulgaria in connection with the dramatic consequences of the floods in the eastern part of the country which resulted in loss of human life.
The heavy rain which hit the region on Thursday claimed at least 12 lives, including two children.
The city of Varna reported 10 victims and the city of Dobrich 2, with 3 people still missing, according to Interior Minister Tsvetlin Yovchev.
- » Euractiv: Bulgaria to Launch Joint Application to Euro Waiting Room and Banking Union
- » Minister Kralev: We should use New Technologies to Show the Beauty of Sport and to Motivate for Physical Activity
- » Improving Security through Information Sharing: Council Agrees Negotiating Mandate on Interoperability
- » Deputy Minister of Defence Atanas Zapryanov Opened an International Scientific Conference on Cybersecurity and Cyber Defence
- » Screening of Investments: Council Agrees its Negotiating Stance
- » Audiovisual Media Services: Agreement on a Directive to Protect Minors, Boost Competitiveness and Promote European Content