Overflowing Reservoirs Jeopardize Bulgaria's Shumen Region
Bulgaria's northeastern Shumen region is at risk of flooding due to the rising levels in several local reservoirs, regional governor Ventsislav Venkov informs.
In an hour the level of the river Kamchiya in Smyadovo has increased by two meters, the reservoir in Aleksandrovo is overflowing, and the reservoir in Kulnovo has overflowed with 80 centimeters. The Kachata reservoir which is side by side with the military factory in Smiadovo might spill over, as well, Venkov told Bulgarian National Radio.
“The Triaditsa reservoir is being gradually drained. We need to inspect the Izbul reservoir, because there was a problem with the dam and it has been spilling water in the direction of the reservoir in Novi Pazar. I hope we will manage the situation,” Venkov explained.
The Golusha dam near Strelcha, Pazardzhik municipality is overflowing, but there is no risk for the nearby villages, the regional fire safety office in Pazardzhik reported.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny with Rain only in the Mountains
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny with Rain only in the Southwestern Regions
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sun in the East, Rain in the West
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny and Warm Today
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny and increasingly Warm Temperatures this week
- » Yellow Code for Rainfall and Thunderstorms has been announced for half of Bulgaria