Record Wheat Yield Expected In Bulgaria
This year's wheat yield in Bulgaria is expected to reach 5 M tons, said Agriculture Minister Dimitar Grekov.
This would be the largest harvest for the past several years, surpassing last year's record of 4.7 M tons.
According to Grekov, the main reason for the record yield are the additional 11 M decares sown under bread wheat.
Agriculture Ministry data shows that the unusually wet spring has not harmed much the crops. Most of the damage from heavy rains and hail is on 32 000 decares – in the regions of Pleven, Stara Zagora, Yambol and Kazanlak.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Fourth Vaccine Protects up to 5 Times more from Severe COVID and 2 Times more from Infection
- » Bulgarian Defense Minister: We would have Spent more on Defense if we were Not in NATO
- » Bulgaria Remains at the Bottom of the Corruption Index
- » Number of Israeli Tourists who want to Visit Bulgaria is Increasing
- » Natural Gas Prices Rise by 8% in Europe over Fears of Impending Ukraine-Russia Armed Conflict
- » The Euro has Weakened against the Dollar, Bitcoin at its Lowest Level in Six Months