Record Wheat Yield Expected In Bulgaria
This year's wheat yield in Bulgaria is expected to reach 5 M tons, said Agriculture Minister Dimitar Grekov.
This would be the largest harvest for the past several years, surpassing last year's record of 4.7 M tons.
According to Grekov, the main reason for the record yield are the additional 11 M decares sown under bread wheat.
Agriculture Ministry data shows that the unusually wet spring has not harmed much the crops. Most of the damage from heavy rains and hail is on 32 000 decares – in the regions of Pleven, Stara Zagora, Yambol and Kazanlak.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » More Workers Exempt from Quarantine to Avoid Staff Shortages
- » Bulgaria Set to Drasrtically Increase Pensions as of 1 October
- » Bulgarian Economy Minister Petkov to Alert Prosecution Office about Ministerial Complex Project
- » Germany and US announce Deal to Allow Completion of Nord Stream 2
- » Bulgaria: National Recovery and Resilience Plan - What to Expect?
- » Tourism Industry Fears Decline in Number of Tourists in August