Record Wheat Yield Expected In Bulgaria
This year's wheat yield in Bulgaria is expected to reach 5 M tons, said Agriculture Minister Dimitar Grekov.
This would be the largest harvest for the past several years, surpassing last year's record of 4.7 M tons.
According to Grekov, the main reason for the record yield are the additional 11 M decares sown under bread wheat.
Agriculture Ministry data shows that the unusually wet spring has not harmed much the crops. Most of the damage from heavy rains and hail is on 32 000 decares – in the regions of Pleven, Stara Zagora, Yambol and Kazanlak.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Moody's confirmed the Credit Rating of Bulgaria and Predicts Postponement of the Euro
- » TPP ContourGlobal Maritsa 3 produced over 12% of the Electricity in Bulgaria in 2022
- » Bulgarian Financier: Adoption of the Euro will Not Raise Prices
- » Bulgaria allowed the Export to Ukraine of Petroleum Products obtained from Russian Crude Oil
- » Bulgargaz offers a Gas Price of BGN 124.35/MWh for February
- » The Construction of the Bulgarian Route of the Gas Connection with Serbia has Started