Ukraine Sees ‘Terrorism’ in Gas Pipeline Blast
An explosion on a gas pipeline in Ukraine's eastern Poltava region on Tuesday, has raised more tension between Kiev and Moscow.
Flames were seen rising from the site of the transit pipeline, carrying Russian gas to Western Europe. However, authorities said there was no disruption to the flow, since alternative routes were used.
The fire was put out quickly and nobody was injured.
Causes remain unknown, but Ukraine's government has suggested it may have been a "terrorist act", without directly pointing fingers at Russia.
"The investigation is exploring several possible causes of the Tuesday explosion on the Urengoi-Pomary-Uzhgorod gas pipeline in the Poltava region, with priority given to a terrorist attack", Interior Minister Arsen Avakov said, quoted by Interfax agency.
Coincidently or not, the blast happened on the day that Russia's Gazprom announced it will halt gas deliveries through Ukraine, due to Kiev's failure to cover it debts.
- » City Court in South Korea Ruled it was illegal to Kill Dogs for Meat
- » Crime will no Longer Pay: Council Agrees New Rules on Mutual Recognition of Freezing and Confiscation Orders
- » Evidence-based Measures are Crucial for the Drug Policies Effectiveness
- » EU Agrees New Rules for a more Efficient and Effective Eurojust
- » Terrorist Threat in the EU Remains High
- » Digital Single Gateway: Easier Access to Online Information and Procedures
We offer fresh cut bank instrument for lease/sale, such as BG, SBLC, MTN, Bank Bonds, Bank Draft, T strips and other. Leased Instruments can be obtained at minimal expense to the borrower compared to other banking options and we also discount/monetize BG's.
This offer is open to both individuals and corporate bodies.
If in need of our services, contact me for detail information.