Bulgarian Railway Co Prepares Varna-Bucharest High-Speed Train Project
A project for a high-speed train connecting Bulgaria's Varna to Romania's Bucharest is being prepared at the National Railway Infrastructure Company.
The first stage of the project envisages the reconstruction of the rail line Varna – Ruse, for which a tender procedure is to be called in the second half of the year, according to reports of Trud daily.
The projected value of the section amounts to EUR 898 M and the funding is to be supplied through operational program "Transport".
An average of 780 passengers daily travel by train along the oldest rail line in Bulgaria at present.
At the same time, Danube Bridge 1 is crossed by some 3000 cars, 2000 trucks and 100 buses a day.
If the high-speed train project is implemented, it will take around 3 hours to cover the distance between Varna and Bucharest.
- » Brussels with a New Invitation to Municipalities to Apply for Free Wi-Fi
- » Oil Prices Rise with 10%
- » Bulgaria Is the Third Most Attractive Destination for Foreigners in the Region
- » Greece is Preparing to Cut Income Taxes
- » Minister Karanikolov Opened a Bulgarian - Indonesian Business Forum
- » The New Biovet Peshtera Plant Opens Today