Reformist Bloc: We Have Evidence of Secret Deal on South Stream
Bulgaria's Reformist Bloc (an alliance of democratic parties) says it has obtained evidence about a secret agreement between Bulgaria and Gazprom on the South Stream project.
The agreement is believed to have been signed three days after the May 25 European elections.
"We possess clear evidence and documents, showing that the Bulgarian government and the Russian Gazprom signed an agreement 3 days after the EU elections", Petar Moskov from the Reformist Bloc (RB) revealed, quoted by Vesti.bg.
Moskov, however, did not specify what the nature of the agreement was.
The RB's claims shed further confusion on what exactly is happening with the South Stream project.
Last week, Prime Minister Plamen Oresharski ordered a suspension of all activities related to the South Stream gas pipeline, until they fell in line with EU law. On Thursday, however, Parliament Speaker Mihail Mikov said that the project had not been frozen, and such a decision would not be in the Prime Minister's powers.
The RB has vowed to expose more infringements of the Oresharski cabinet linked to South Stream.
- » Bulgaria Becomes Part of the Common European Electricity Market
- » Energy Expert: These 11 km from Balkan Stream are Extremely Important for Bulgaria
- » The Construction of the Balkan Stream Gas Pipeline Through Bulgaria Has Started (Video)
- » Agreements For Financing the Gas Connection Bulgaria - Greece Are Signed
- » Belene NPP Project to Be Licensed by the End of the Year
- » The Sixth Unit of Kozloduy NPP Will Receive a License for another 10 Years