Cabinet Approves Pensions Rise from July 1
Pensions for elderly people are to increase by 2.7% next month, Bulgaria's government decided Wednesday.
Its new minimum value will be BGN 113 (roughly EUR 56.5), BGN 3 more than the current value, according to Dariknews.bg.
The latest decision comes after trade unions' calls that the social pension be pushed up nearly 3%.
Changes will also affect pensions which are given by the state for non-labor activity such as compensation for disability (both civilian and military).
The increase is a direct result of the Social Insurance Code, which envisaged a revision, starting July of the current year, of all pensions granted until the end of the previous one.
Critics of the government policies have however described many decisions targeting elderly people over the past months as "pre-election" moves.
- » New Camel at the Sofia Zoo
- » Fire Rescue Operation Training was Carried out in Burgas Port
- » At 13 Hours and 7 Minutes Today in Bulgaria will be Astronomical Summer
- » The Green Parking Zone in Sofia will be Expanded from November 1
- » A Sharp Slowdown in Wage Growth in Bulgaria
- » Sofia Municipality Stops the Movement of Tram №7 on Bulgaria Blvd.