EC To Stop Transport and Competitiveness Funds for Bulgaria?
The European Commission (EC) is en route to stopping two more programme funds for Bulgaria – for transport and competitiveness, said Bulgaria's President Rosen Plevneliev.
“This is a catastrophe for the country in its hardest moments,” Plevneliev said, quoted by Mediapool.bg.
According to the BTA wire service, Plevneliev said he got the information from his own sources in the EC.
"I learn from the EC, that the transport and competitiveness funds will also be stopped," Plevneliev said in his statement on the calling of the Consultative Council for National Security next Tuesday.
Recently the EC suspended the payments on the regional development and environment programmes.
- » A Dog Caught Nearly 200 kg of Heroin at Kapitan Andreevo Border Checkpoint
- » The EU Grants BGN 111 Million to Replace Solid Fuel Stoves and Heaters in 21 Bulgarian Cities
- » Producers of the Famous Bulgarian Rose Protest Because of the Low Purchase Price
- » First Comments from Euroleaders at the EU-Western Balkans Summit
- » Virtual Reality – The future of European industry at WATIFY: Inspire to Transform
- » The best WATIFY Technological Transformation for 2018 is…
Politicians and government institutions and departments must learn that you can fool all of the people some of the time and some of the people all of the time but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. Bulgaria is now finding that the EU cannot be fooled and they are beginning to wake up to the dodgy handling of the communities funds and they are acting. Bulgaria is a lucky recipient of these funds that are allocated from the wages of other EU hard working people to better the lives of Bulgarians not to be wasted or skimmed off by politicians and officials.