Deposits in Bulgaria Generate Highest Revenue in 6 Years
Revenues arising from bank deposits have recorded the highest rates in 6 years, according to data by Bulgaria's National Bank and the National Statistical Institute.
For the last year, every BGN 100 on deposit has generated a revenue of BGN 5.50, nearly two-thirds of it coming from the interest and the rest is due to the negative inflation rates, Bulgarian 24 Chasa infroms.
According to the Statistical Institute data, the Consumer Price Index (CPI) for April 2014 was -1.6% on an annual basis. The average interest rate on deposits for the same period was 3.63% in EUR and 4.1% in BGN. Therefore, consumers saving in BGN have made higher profit.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EU Minimum Wage Legislation Can Help Reform Social Policy amid Deepening Divide between East and West
- » Mobile Is the Most Popular Payment Method in Bulgaria
- » European Auditors Warn of High Fraud Risk Related to EU Recovery Fund
- » When Will Europe’s Lost Consumption Rebound - Analysis
- » Kristalina Georgieva: IMF Mulls Creating USD 650 Billion in Reserves
- » Wealth Gap in Bulgaria Widest in EU - Eurostat