Bulgaria Sees Off Last Military Contingent to Afghanistan
Bulgaria will send its 27th and last military contingent to Afghanistan as part of the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF), on June 10.
The official ceremony will take place in the city of Kazanlak and will be attended by the Defense Minister Angel Naydenov, Chief of Defense General Simeon Simeonov and the Permanent Undersecretary of Defense Dobromir Totev.
The 27th Bulgarian contingent comprises of about 360 members of the armed forces, 22 of whom female, and will perform security tasks in the internal perimeter of the Kandahar airport, Bulgaria's Defense Ministry informed.
- » Eight Countries will Participate in the largest NATO Military Exercise in Bulgaria
- » Turkey has Completed the Construction of a 764-kilometer Concrete Wall on the Syrian Border
- » The Bulgarian Army will have New Combat Equipment
- » Aleksandar Vucic: "We have been Warned - if we Send Soldiers to Kosovo..."
- » Qatar Seeks Full Membership in NATO
- » Jens Stoltenberg: If Iran Invades Israel, NATO will not intervene