EU Commissioner Mimica: South Stream Is a Negative Priority for EU
The South Stream diversifies only the route, but not the source of natural gas and this is a negative priority for EU, European Commissioner Neven Mimica told BNT.
The Consumer Protection Commissioner, who is on an official visit to Sofia, said that from the very beginning the South Stream project was never an EU priority. “If you consider this project from the common energy policy of the EU perspective, I think that it clearly does not enter in the main directions of the strategic direction of the EU energy policy, which aims for diversification of sources of gas and petrol,” Mimica said.
Mimica pointed out that it was too early to talk about sanctions and there are lots of work on presenting the EC stand on the project to all member states in this project.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » European Court of Justice: Bulgaria Breaches Air Pollution Limits
- » Council of Europe: Harassment, Violence, Acute Staff Shortage Plague Bulgarian Psychiatric Wards and Care Homes
- » EC Disburses €14 Billion to Nine Member States, Greece Receives 2.7 Billion, Bulgaria Not on the List
- » Sofia Summit: European Perspective on the Western Balkans Means Stability, Peace and Prosperity
- » EC Sent Letter to Bulgaria About the Citizenship by Investment Scheme
- » MEPs Adopted a Critical Resolution on Bulgaria's Rule-of-Law