EU Commissioner Mimica: South Stream Is a Negative Priority for EU
The South Stream diversifies only the route, but not the source of natural gas and this is a negative priority for EU, European Commissioner Neven Mimica told BNT.
The Consumer Protection Commissioner, who is on an official visit to Sofia, said that from the very beginning the South Stream project was never an EU priority. “If you consider this project from the common energy policy of the EU perspective, I think that it clearly does not enter in the main directions of the strategic direction of the EU energy policy, which aims for diversification of sources of gas and petrol,” Mimica said.
Mimica pointed out that it was too early to talk about sanctions and there are lots of work on presenting the EC stand on the project to all member states in this project.
- » The Juncker Plan Will Provide Financial Assistance of BGN 10 million For 320 Micro-Enterprises in Bulgaria
- » EP Supports Accession Talks with Albania and Northern Macedonia
- » New Report: EC Reports on Bulgaria's Progress, Considers Dropping Monitoring (REVIEW)
- » Today's EC Monitoring Report on Bulgaria is Likely to be the Latest
- » The Latest Monitoring Report on Bulgaria is Expected to be Submitted Today
- » Six Countries Sign Common Document on Mobility Package