Rafa Nadal Wins 9th French Open Title
World number 1 Rafael Nadal won his 9th French Open title, beating Novak Djokovic 3:1 (3:6, 7:5, 6:2, 6:4) in the final.
Nadal extended his absolute domination on clay court in Paris, where he has lost only once since 2005. Meanwhile, Djokovic was unable to reconquer his first position in the ATP ranking and also claim the only Grand Slam title that is missing in his trophy case.
Despite losing the first set, the Spaniard recovered quickly and took charge of the match. Djokovic put up a good fight throughout the match, but could not offer anything more. This was his second loss in a French Open final.
Besides a 9th French Open trophy, this is Nadal’s 14th Grand Slam title. Roger Federer, meanwhile has 17.
- » World Cup 2018: Football Showpiece Set to Begin in Russia
- » USA, Canada and Mexico will Host 2026 World Cup
- » Russia’s World Cup Costs to Exceed $14Bln, Media Reports
- » Spain Fired its Coach a Day before the Start of the 2018 World Cup
- » Mirela Demireva made a Historic Jump in Stockholm
- » Ivet Lalova Won the 200m Race in Stockholm