US Senators McCain, Murphy, Johnson Arrive in Sofia on Working Visit
US Senators John McCain, Chris Murphy, and Ron Johnson are visiting Bulgaria Sunday as part of a trip to Eastern Europe which also includes Poland and Romania.
The visit was announced by the US Embassy in Sofia.
During the visit, the US Senators will meet with Bulgarian government officials to discuss bilateral relations, the situation in Ukraine and NATO's response, as well as issues related to the rule of law and energy security.
The US Senators are also to meet Prime Minister Plamen Oresharski and President Rosen Plevneliev.
No press conferences have been scheduled after the meetings.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Ambassador to UK Marin Raykov: The Absence of Bulgaria From The UK's Non-Quarantine List is Abnormal
- » Bulgaria's PM Boyko Borissov Sends Congratulatory Address to US President Donald Trump on US Independence Day
- » Bulgaria's PM Borissov and Serbian President Vucic Inspected Balkan Stream Construction
- » Bulgaria Asks Committee on Resolving Historical Issues with North Macedonia
- » Presidents Rumen Radev and Salome Zourabichvili Discussed Bulgaria’s and Georgia’s Readiness to Boost Bilateral Trade after the Coronavirus
- » Head of State Rumen Radev Discussed with his Serbian Counterpart President Aleksandar Vucic Overcoming the Crisis Caused by the Coronavirus