DPS MP Tsonev Sees Link Between Frozen EU Funds, South Stream
It is very possible that there is a link between the suspended regional development funds for Bulgaria and the South Stream gas pipeline, according to DPS MP Yordan Tsonev.
Although the official stance of the European Commission is that the funds have been frozen due to technical irregularities, the Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS) lawmaker does not rule out a connection with the South Stream issue.
Bulgaria is facing procedures from the Commission regarding amendments to the status of the gas pipeline, which are not compatible with EU law. The government is also criticized for granting the tender of the pipeline's construction to a company linked with a Russian businessman who is on the US's sanctions list.
"The key here is not the price. It's in the norms and rules, regarding the Third Energy Package of the EU, which stipulates that third parties should have access to the offshore section of the pipeline, as well as that it cannot be owned by the provider of the gas", Tsonev told the Bulgarian National Television.
The MP added that his party supports the construction of the pipeline, as long as these conditions are met.
Tsonev also revealed that DPS would back the cabinet during the upcoming no-confidence vote, despite their leader Lyutvi Mestan's statement calling for early parliamentary elections.
- » Stoltenberg Expects Macedonia to be Invited to NATO in Early July
- » The Netherlands Gave the Green Light for Macedonia's Talks with the EU, but are Expected to Veto Negotiations with Albania
- » Fire Rescue Operation Training was Carried out in Burgas Port
- » Over BGN 50 Million Needed for the Repair the Bulgarian Army's Helicopters
- » Bulgarian Presidency Reports on the Progress Made on Topics Overseen by European Parliament’s Committee on Constitutional Affairs
- » Bulgarian President Rumen Radev Goes on a Two-day Official Visit to Serbia
South Stream ви дава възможност да организирате един многополюсен свят. Свят, в който тя ще бъде възможно да се откъсне на интересите на САЩ от Европа. За изграждането на общия ни европейски дом се нуждае от South Stream. Американците гледат на него като на заплаха за техните интереси. Жалко е, че те искат да използват България и други страни, за да постигнат целите си. Flow ще позволи на България да се държат на световната сцена по-открито и агресивно. Освен това, тя е един допълнителен и сериозен бюджетен приход. Защо всички пари трябва да остане в Украйна след предателството на славянския свят. Вчера гледах новините и е натъжен от новината. Това е време, за да пляскам американците по билото.