Russia's EU Envoy: EC's Power Insufficient to Delay South Stream
The European Commission (EC) lacks enough powers to delay the construction of the South Stream gas pipeline, Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's Ambassador to the EU, told ITAR-TASS in an exclusive interview. He was commenting on the commission's launch of procedures against member-state Bulgaria, accused by Brussels of failing to observe European norms in holding a tender for South Stream's construction.
“The European Commission does not have enough power to do it. But that is not the point. The commission does not have any reason to do it. The violations must be proved for the reasons to appear. The presumption of innocence of the participants of the tender in Bulgaria hasn't been annulled,” Chizhov said.
The full text of the interview can be found here.
- » What Does the Future Hold for Tourism in Bulgaria?
- » Bulgaria's Pig Problems Lie Buried
- » Is there a Global Economic Crisis Coming?
- » Petr Kellner Missed Out On Nova Television, But Now He Is After bTV
- » Kristalina Georgieva - an Ideal Candidate for the International Monetary Fund but the Path to Election will not be Easy
- » Mother, Wife, Draft Animal: The Woman in Eastern Europe