State of Emergency Declared in Siberia Over Floods
State of emergency has been issued in the Republic of Altai and Khakassia over floods caused by torrential rains in the past four days.
Rescue teams of the Russian Emergencies Ministry and local authorities have organized evacuation of the population from flooded houses with 119 people taken to temporary shelters and 406 relocated, Itar-Tass reports.
The floods have destroyed 12 bridges, thus transport communication with eleven villages has been disrupted, the Ministry said.
Two Ilyushin Il-76 planes were sent to Siberia carrying rescue equipment, KAMAZ trucks and boats. Rescue operations involve 693 people, 147 vehicles and a Mi-8 helicopter.
Besides, an alert regime has been announced in Tuva and Buryatia. The flood may develop into Yakutia and partly into the Amur region.
- » Tourism in Sri Lanka Revives after the Bomb Attacks
- » Macron: The EU Sides with Cyprus in the Dispute with Turkey
- » Preserved Head of a 40,000-year-old Wolf was Discovered in Siberia
- » Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris Opens its Doors for the First Mass After the Devastating Fire
- » The EU is Tightening the Rules on the Use and Sale of Еxplosives
- » The United States Has Accused Iran of Attacking the Tankers