On World No Tobacco Day - 2 M Bulgarians Are Active Smokers
More than 2.1M Bulgarians, or about 30% of the population, are active smokers, according to a survey of the World Health Organization on occasion of May 31, World No Tobacco Day.
Some 40% of Bulgarian men and 19% of the women are smokers. Men smoke about 40 cigarettes a day, while women - 24 cigarettes, according to the statistiscs of WHO on tobacco smoking in Bulgaria for 2013.
Almost half of all chain smokers are aged between 25-65 years. Just 50 percent of Bulgarian men and 70 percent of women are non-smokers.
According to a research by health experts, due to the complete smoking ban in enclosed public places, about 1,600 fewer heart attacks were registered in Bulgaria in 2013, Darik news reports.
A total of 84 percent of Bulgarian citizens approve of the complete smoking ban, while 12% of people insist on relaxing the restrictions, and only 4% are against it.
- » Bulgarian Women Had over 5,300 Abortions in just Three Months
- » The Early Start of School Classes Affects the Psyche of Children
- » Pizza for Breakfast - Better than Cereal?
- » Increase in Mental Disorders Due to Dirty Air and Temperature Instability!
- » People Below the Average Height Are more likely to Be Diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes
- » Scientists Discovered a Cure for AIDS