Bulgarian Government Survives 4th No-Confidence Vote
The Socialist-led cabinet of PM Plamen Oresharski survived a 4th no-confidence vote on Friday.
A total of 116 MPs voted against the motion submitted by the opposition GERB party, while 93 supported it.
The motives for the motion were failures in the energy policy by the current government. GERB accuses the Socialists of dubious legal procedures regarding the South Stream gas pipeline, as well as exerting pressure on the energy watchdog DKEVR to strip the licenses of the electricity distribution companies (EDCs).
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend