10 Detained For Planning Terrorist Attack on Victory Day, Russia
Russian police detained ten people suspected of plotting a terrorist attack in the Moscow region which was to be perpetrated on May 9, Victory Day.
The suspects, hailing from the North Caucasian republic of Dagestan, were residents of the Moscow region. They were detained on the morning of May 7 after an improvised explosive device was uncovered at their residence, according to a recent statement on the ministry website.
"Ahead of the May holidays, the Interior Ministry's Chief Counter-Extremism Department received reports that these people had purchased components that could be used for manufacturing a self-made explosive device, as well as other data suggesting they were possibly preparing a terrorist attack in that region," Russian Interior Ministry said, as quoted by The Moscow Times.
All detainees were arrested and are now giving confessions. The mastermind and the perpetrators of the planned terrorist attack have been identified, the ministry said.
- » Boris Johnson: UK Will Leave the EU even if the Agreement Is Rejected
- » Erdogan Threatens to Continue the Offensive in Syria if the Terms of the Peace Agreement Are not Fully Fulfilled
- » A Man Disguised as Boris Johnson Tried to Climb Big Ben
- » New York Approved the Notorious Rikers Prison to Be Closed
- » Christine Lagarde Was Endorsed by EU Leaders as the Next ECB President
- » Three Countries Blocked Skopje and Tirana from Starting Accession Negotiations with the EU