10 Detained For Planning Terrorist Attack on Victory Day, Russia
Russian police detained ten people suspected of plotting a terrorist attack in the Moscow region which was to be perpetrated on May 9, Victory Day.
The suspects, hailing from the North Caucasian republic of Dagestan, were residents of the Moscow region. They were detained on the morning of May 7 after an improvised explosive device was uncovered at their residence, according to a recent statement on the ministry website.
"Ahead of the May holidays, the Interior Ministry's Chief Counter-Extremism Department received reports that these people had purchased components that could be used for manufacturing a self-made explosive device, as well as other data suggesting they were possibly preparing a terrorist attack in that region," Russian Interior Ministry said, as quoted by The Moscow Times.
All detainees were arrested and are now giving confessions. The mastermind and the perpetrators of the planned terrorist attack have been identified, the ministry said.
- » City Court in South Korea Ruled it was illegal to Kill Dogs for Meat
- » Crime will no Longer Pay: Council Agrees New Rules on Mutual Recognition of Freezing and Confiscation Orders
- » Evidence-based Measures are Crucial for the Drug Policies Effectiveness
- » EU Agrees New Rules for a more Efficient and Effective Eurojust
- » Terrorist Threat in the EU Remains High
- » Digital Single Gateway: Easier Access to Online Information and Procedures