OSCE Observers Held Captive, Says Pro-Russian Rebel Leader
A pro-Russian rebel leader in Ukraine’s Sloviansk says he is holding captive 4 OSCE observers.
The Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) said on Monday that it had lost contact with one of its monitoring teams in the Donetsk region.
On Thursday, the self-proclaimed mayor of Slaviansk, Vyacheslav Ponomarev said the four observers are being held captive, and are in good condition, The Guardian reported. He did not specify any particular demands for their release.
This is the second such incident, after 7 OSCE observers were kidnapped last month in Slaviansk. They were released several days later.
- » The Court Banned Trump from Blocking his Followers on Twitter
- » China Shrinks Customs Duties on Imported Cars
- » Mark Zuckerberg Hearing at the European Parliament Today (Live Stream)
- » There were no Injured Bulgarian Soldiers in a Missile Attack in Kandahar
- » The 16th Richest Countries in the World
- » The US-China Trade War Is Postponed