Socialist MEP Yotova: European Themes Still Distant for Bulgarians
Iiliyana Yotova, a member of European Parliament from the Bulgarian Socialist Party, commented on the European election results.
"Personally, I did not expect such a weak result. We underestimated the general public mood over the past year. However, our campaign was enthusiastic and targeted. My overall impression is that European themes are still very distant for Bulgarian voters", she told Standartnews.
"What we can expect is increased pressure on the government from the opposition, as well as from the parties who won EP seats but are not in the national assembly."
"We must also reassess our own behavior and policies. To a certain extent, the output of some ministries has not been enough, and this has had a negative effect."
Yotova also commented on the election results in Europe.
"I am very worried by the rise of the euroskeptic parties. We still have to wait and see whether they would be able to form their own parliamentary group, as their views are quite different in many cases. I believe the democratic forces in the European Parliament, including the EPP, must unite against the extremist parties."
- » What Does the Future Hold for Tourism in Bulgaria?
- » Bulgaria's Pig Problems Lie Buried
- » Is there a Global Economic Crisis Coming?
- » Petr Kellner Missed Out On Nova Television, But Now He Is After bTV
- » Kristalina Georgieva - an Ideal Candidate for the International Monetary Fund but the Path to Election will not be Easy
- » Mother, Wife, Draft Animal: The Woman in Eastern Europe