Viktor Yanukovych to Respect Choice of Ukrainians
Ukraine's former president Viktor Yanukovych says he will respect the results of Sunday's presidential elections.
"No matter in what region and what percentage of the population came to the polls, which choice you have made, I respect this choice that has been made in the most difficult time for our Motherland", Yanukovych said in a statement, quoted by ITAR-TASS.
However, the former leader did not miss to point out that voters in the eastern part of the country had not been able to vote.
"I would like to note that the participation of the south-east of our country is needed to make the elections and the president himself legitimate. Many voters of these regions have been insulted and humiliated by the actions of the illegitimate "authorities" which came to power as a result of a military coup", Yanukovych added.
Confectionery tycoon Petro Poroshenko claimed victory in Sunday's presidential elections, with 55% of the vote according to preliminary counts.
- » Donald Trump Wants illegal Migrants to be Deported without Judges or Courts
- » EU - African, Caribbean and Pacific Countries Future Partnership: Council Adopts Negotiating Mandate
- » VAT Fraud: Agreement on Measures to Boost Administrative Cooperation
- » VAT Minimum Standard Rate Set Permanently at 15%
- » VAT Fraud: EU Approves Cooperation Agreement with Norway
- » Eurogroup Statement on Greece of 22 June 2018