Court Acquits Tsvetan Tsvetanov
Sofia City Court acquitted former interior minister Tsvetan Tsvetanov who was tried for embezzlement.
The prosecution accused Tsvetanov for large-scale embezzling to the tune of BGN 50 000 from the budget of the Interior Ministry.
The sum was allegedly embezzled to the benefit of another person, Orlin Todorov, former head of the anti-mafia unit (GDBOP, the Interior Ministry's Chief Directorate Combating Organized Crime) in Veliko Tarnovo.
The Sofia City Court is due to rule in another case against Tsvetanov on Thursday – for allegedly obstructing surveillance permits. Three of the six permits were for Orlin Todorov, former director of the GDBOP unit in Veliko Tarnovo.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: More Details from Laura Kovesi Press Conference
- » CITUB: Minimum Wage in Bulgaria to Become BGN 764 in 2022
- » New Phishing Scam Gains Currency in Bulgaria, Cyber Security Experts Warn
- » Concession Procedure for Plovdiv Airport Terminated
- » Bulgaria’s President Denied Speculations about Three Seas Initiative
- » Bulgaria: Pirogov Emergency Hospital Checked for Inpatient Fraud