Court Acquits Tsvetan Tsvetanov
Sofia City Court acquitted former interior minister Tsvetan Tsvetanov who was tried for embezzlement.
The prosecution accused Tsvetanov for large-scale embezzling to the tune of BGN 50 000 from the budget of the Interior Ministry.
The sum was allegedly embezzled to the benefit of another person, Orlin Todorov, former head of the anti-mafia unit (GDBOP, the Interior Ministry's Chief Directorate Combating Organized Crime) in Veliko Tarnovo.
The Sofia City Court is due to rule in another case against Tsvetanov on Thursday – for allegedly obstructing surveillance permits. Three of the six permits were for Orlin Todorov, former director of the GDBOP unit in Veliko Tarnovo.
- » All Bulgarian Roads are Passable, Nearly 700 Machines were out Clearing the Roads Last Night
- » Sofia with a Record Budget for City Cleanliness in 2019
- » The Bulgarian Ministry of Education has Launched News for Hearing Impaired People (Video)
- » Over 160 Snow-Cleaning Machines Take Care of the Sofia Street
- » GERB Do Not Expect Early Elections
- » Fitch Agency Has Confirmed Bulgaria's BBB Rating with a Stable Outlook