Court Acquits Tsvetan Tsvetanov
Sofia City Court acquitted former interior minister Tsvetan Tsvetanov who was tried for embezzlement.
The prosecution accused Tsvetanov for large-scale embezzling to the tune of BGN 50 000 from the budget of the Interior Ministry.
The sum was allegedly embezzled to the benefit of another person, Orlin Todorov, former head of the anti-mafia unit (GDBOP, the Interior Ministry's Chief Directorate Combating Organized Crime) in Veliko Tarnovo.
The Sofia City Court is due to rule in another case against Tsvetanov on Thursday – for allegedly obstructing surveillance permits. Three of the six permits were for Orlin Todorov, former director of the GDBOP unit in Veliko Tarnovo.
- » Montana Received Nearly BGN 11 Million to Stimulate Households for More Ecological Heating
- » Bulgarian Railways BDZ Provides Services for People with Disabilities
- » Outgoing Central Election Commission Reports on its 5-year Term of Office
- » New Pension Calculation Formula in Bulgaria will not Lead to Pension Cuts
- » Intelligent Transport System Will Be Built on Trakia Motorway
- » Sofia Climbed 29 Positions in the World Ranking of the most Expensive Cities