Unit 5 of Bulgaria's Kozloduy NPP Switched On after Annual Overhaul
The planned annual overhaul of the 1000-MW unit 5 of the Kozloduy nuclear power plant has been wrapped up.
After the completion of a probe of the Bulgarian Nuclear Regulatory Agency and a permit issued by the chair of the watchdog, the N-plant unit was switched on at 10 am on Sunday, according to a media statement of the Kozloduy NPP.
During the outage, which started on April 20, the N-plant unit underwent the necessary repairs and preventive inspections of equipment, including the implementation of the measures under the National Action Plan of Bulgaria after the stress tests.
Unit 5 of the Kozloduy NPP was recharged with fresh nuclear fuel for the next fuel campaign.
The other 100-MW unit of the Kozloduy NPP, unit 6, is working at full capacity in line with the schedule coordinated with the Electricity System Operator (ESO).
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Petrol and Diesel Prices are still Rising
- » Bulgaria: Higher Electricity Prices from Today
- » Bulgaria: Since when will 25 Cents be Deducted from the Price of Fuel
- » From Today: Bulgaria to begin Receiving Full Quantities of Gas under the Contract with Azerbaijan
- » The West is considering Price Caps on Russian Oil and Gas
- » EU: 40% Renewable Energy by 2030