Around 135 Aftershocks Registered After Saturday Earthquake in Greece
Seismologists registered around 135 aftershocks between the Saturday 6.9 Richter scale earthquake in the Aegean Sea and Sunday morning.
Around 20 of them were of 4 Richter scale or a little higher, the remaining are between 2.8 and 3.
Those aftershocks were not felt in Bulgaria, said Irena Alexandrova of the National Institute for Geophysics and Geography.
According to her those minor quakes are aftershock and are abating.
The 6.9 quake stirred panic in western Turkey and in Greece and caused some material damages.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria, July 2: Sunny and Warm, Temperatures Up to 35 Degrees
- » Covid-19 in Bulgaria: 165 Newly Registered Cases on July 2, 5154 Total
- » Czechs Celebrate the End of Covid-19 Crisis with Giant Party in Prague
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny with Temperatures Up to 36 Degrees on July 1
- » COVID-19 Update: 158 Newly Registered Cases in Bulgaria on July 1, Total: 4989
- » New "Animal" Virus Discovered in China