Second Man Dies After Istanbul Clashes
A second man has died after yesterday's clashes between protesters and police in Istanbul, said governor Hussein Mutlu.
The latest, unidentified victim died after being injured by an exploded grenade, which also wounded another civilian.
Eight police officers were also injured during clashes that continued throughout the night.
This is the second victim of yesterday's clashes between anti-government protesters and police, after Ugur Kurt died of his head wounds.
Kurt was attending a funeral ceremony in the Okmeydani district on Thursday, when police tried to disperse around 50 people, who had gathered nearby to protest against the government.
Kurt was hit in the head by a stray bullet, reportedly fired by police.
The death of Kurt, a 30-year-old father of one, sparked renewed outrage, fuelling more protests in Okmeydani.
- » EU Looks to Screen Migrants in Africa to Stop Boatloads
- » Melania Trump Wears 'I Really don't Care do u?' Jacket on Migrant Visit
- » Russia and the UK are Running out of Beer because of the World Cup
- » The Bulgarian Presidency Drives the Debate on the Need to Further Promote Inclusive Education in Europe
- » Transparent and Predictable Working Conditions: Council Reaches General Approach
- » Eurogroup Statement on the Occasion of its 20th Anniversary