Deputy Head of Svilengrad Customs Office Indicted
Bulgaria's Specialized Prosecutor's Office said Georgi Kostadinov, Deputy Director of Customs Office in the border town of Svilengrad, was indicted on Thursday.
Kostadinov is charged with the possession of significant quantities of drug substances with the purpose of supplying them as part of an organized criminal group, according to the Bulgarian private channel NOVA TV.
He was detained on Wednesday in a joint operation of the State Agency for National Security (DANS) and the Prosecutor's Office.
About 1.5 kg of amphetamine and metamphetamine were found in his car.
Prosecution officials reported that Kostadinov was involved in trans-border trafficking, which means he could face up to 20 years behind bars.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: 12 Migrants crammed into a Car were Detained in the Harmanlii village of Bulgarin
- » Bulgaria: A Man Killed his Wife and Daughter, then took His Own Life
- » Action in Bulgaria: Police Chase and Shooting near a Business Building in Sofia - A Boy was Killed
- » Bulgaria’s Interior Minister: There is Still No Suspect for the Murder of Alexei Petrov
- » Bulgaria: A Man Beat a Woman he lives with in Svishtov and Cut her Hair
- » Bulgarian Police caught a Large Group of Migrants near Kazichene