Bulgaria's Prison Guards Ready to Go On Strike
The trade union of the prison guards in Bulgaria is ready to announce a general strike of its members, its leader Ivan Petrov told the bTV national channel.
“We are seeking solutions to the problems of those working in the prisons and are preparing a petition for changing the work shifts from 24-hour to 12-hour,” Petrov said.
According to him, a date for an effective strike is not yet set, but the trade union expects that the Justice Ministry will take the necessary measures to avert the strike.
“We want to solve the problems in a discussion, but so far no one is paying us any attention,” Petrov said. “We just want to discuss our problems.”
The prison guards complain of miserable working conditions, low pay and extra long hours.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » First Time in Bulgaria: A Subvariant of Omicron VA.2.75 has been Identified
- » Car Accidents with Casualties all over Bulgaria Today
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 188 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgaria: Car Crash on the Ring Road in Sofia, One Person confirmed Dead
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 269 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 748 New Cases in the Last 24 hours