Bulgaria, Israel to Foster Scientific Exchange
Bulgaria's Prime Minister Plamen Oresharski met with Israel's President Shimon Peres during his visit to the Middle East country.
"Bulgaria is part of the EU and NATO, which guarantees us a sustainable path for the future. It is up to us what progress we make. In these efforts, we very much rely on old friends, among the top of which is Israel", Oresharski told his colleague.
The Prime Minister once again stressed Bulgaria's history of tolerance and the saving of its Jews during World War II.
Shimon Peres outlined that Israel and Bulgaria will seek to enlarge their cooperation in sciences, technology and education.
"For us, relations with Bulgaria are not only a form of business, but friendship as well. Bulgaria has its strength because it has quality people. Your country saved many Jewish lives and gave them an opportunity to come to Israel", Peres stated.
Peres and Oresharski also discussed agriculture and how to use most effectively natural resources.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » US Ambassador: The Ties between the American and Bulgarian People have Never Been Stronger
- » US Ambassador to Bulgaria: Democracy is Impossible without a Vibrant Civil Sector
- » The US to Bulgaria and North Macedonia: Quickly Solve your Problems and Reduce Tension
- » North Macedonia Promised to Not Allow Incidents during the Celebration of Gotse Delchev, Bulgaria with Measures against Provocateurs
- » The Foreign Ministry will Demand the Access of Bulgarian Citizens to North Macedonia to be Ensured
- » A Visit of a Bulgarian Theater Production was Canceled in North Macedonia