Egypt's ex-President Hosni Mubarak Sentenced to Three Years
Hosni Mubarak, former Egyptian President is to spend three years in jail after a court found him guilty of embezzlement.
Mubarak, 86, was in power before street protests in Egypt during the Arab Spring.
He and his sons Alaa and Gamal, were convicted of stealing USD 17.6 B which had been set aside for the renovation of presidential palaces, but were used to make improvements on family properties instead.
Each of them will spend four years in prison, Al Jazeera reports.
Apart from embezzlement of public funds, charges of abuse of power and involvement in the killing of protesters during the 2011 have also brought him before court on separate trials.
Mubarak was also sentenced to spend his life behind bars over the murders at the time of the uprising, but has appealed.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Hollywood Action Hero Sylvester Stallone with Fake Bulgarian Passport, Found in a Police Operation
- » Crime: Mother Killed Her Own Two Children in Bulgarian Town of Sandanski
- » Bulgaria: Specialized Prosecutor's Office Started Action in Four Districts in Sofia
- » Bank Robbery in Bulgaria's City Sandanski
- » Deputy Speaker of the 44th Bulgarian National Assembly and The Leader of "VOLYA" Party Veselin Mareshki Sentenced to 4 Years in Prison
- » Bulgarian Police Department: Six People Detained at the Protest Today