Bulgaria's Movie Industry Posts Highest Growth in Europe
Bulgaria's movie industry grew by 88.1% between 2008 and 2010, which is the highest growth among the European countries, shows a survey on the economy of the creative sector.
The survey of the Observatory of economy of culture shows that the sector of creative and cultural industry in Bulgaria is developing rapidly, in spite the general economic downturn.
The cinema industry takes the fourth position in growth, after design (125.7%), software and video games (123.1%) and cultural heritage (92.3%).
The survey confirms the trend of concentration of cultural and creative industries in the capital Sofia and an increasing gap between the capital and the other regions.
The data shows that the sector of cultural and creative industry – media, advertising, architecture, software and video games, film industry, festivals, design, performance arts, recording and musical industry, museums, galleries, book publishing, etc. - take the eight position overall in Bulgaria and fourth in Sofia, among 36 sectors.
The creative and cultural sector posts a 6.1% growth in employment, while the overall employment in the country decreased by 6.4%.
- » Hockney Painting Breaks Auction Record For Living Artist
- » Hockney Sells for USD 90 Million, Sets Living Artist Record
- » Lost Disney Film Showing Mickey Mouse's Predecessor Found in Japan
- » Elton John Announces UK Dates of His 300-Night Retirement World Tour
- » There is a New Gallery for Contemporary Art in Sofia
- » FLIGHT EXPERIENCE Comes To The Bulgarian National Theatre Next Week