Ex-Bulgarian Social Minister: Recalculation of Salaries Necessary
The disproportion between salaries of highly qualified and low qualified labour in Bulgaria is a well-known fact, stressed Ivan Neykov, former Labour and Social Policy Minister.
He commented on the issue of recent job postings, which advertised a doctor's position for BGN 680 monthly, compared to a BGN 1,500 offer for a waitress.
"Currently, there is no mechanism tom stimulate people to invest in their own education, since any additional qualification does not guarantee a higher income", Neykov said for Nova TV.
According to the labour expert, the problem derives partly from the fact that salaries are calculated on the basis of remuneration from the previous year. In order to redress the imbalance, what is needed is a recalculation of labour costs on the basis of the time invested in education and specialization.
- » Emil Harsev: Volkswagen Has Not Given Up on Turkey
- » Opinion: Bulgaria Needs to Take a Position on Syria
- » Opinion: There Are Three Versions of the Turkish Operation in Northern Syria
- » Why Bulgarians Want to Conserve Communist Monuments
- » What Does the Future Hold for Tourism in Bulgaria?
- » Bulgaria's Pig Problems Lie Buried