Greece Holds 1st Round of Local Elections
The first round of local elections in Greece has kicked off.
Greek nationals are to elect mayors and town councils for 325 municipalities and 13 district governors.
Over 9.8 million Greeks are eligible to vote on Sunday, according to reports of dnevnik.bg.
The polling stations will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. local time.
A run-off vote is to be held on May 25, together with the European Parliament elections.
Although Greek law envisages compulsory voting, it is not enforced and there are no sanctions for failing to vote.
The results of the first round of local elections are expected to influence the European elections on May 25.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 575 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Poland will no longer provide Weapons to Kyiv
- » Bashar Assad and his Wife arrived in China
- » Protests in Armenia after the Peace Agreement in Nagorno-Karabakh
- » Mine Blew Up a Ship off the Coast of Romania?
- » Derna: Maddened by Grief and Anger, Libyans Burned Down the Mayor's home
- » Ceasefire: Nagorno-Karabakh Forces Surrendered to the Azeris