55 Kg of Heroin Seized on Bulgaria, Romania's Danube Bridge
Bulgarian border police authorities seized 55 kilograms of heroin on the Danube Bridge, at the crossing point leading out of the country.
In a joint operation of Ruse's customs unit and the Border Police, officials found the drug divided into fifty separate packages in a lorry with an international license plate, according to reports by the Bulgarian National Radio.
Documents presented by the vehicle's Greek driver suggested he was to deliver textile and spare parts from Turkey to countries in Western Europe. By crossing the bridge the lorry would have reached Romania and made its way to the rest of Europe.
A Bulgarian citizen was also traveling inside the driver's cabin.
Drugs seized on the Bridge on Friday are estimated at some BGN 2.74 M.
- » Two People were Shot in Marseilles
- » A Student Opened Fire at a School in the US, but was Stopped by a Teacher
- » At least Four Victims of a Suicide Bombing in Baghdad
- » Military Official Stabbed a Policeman in Plovdiv, probably after a Scandal for a Woman
- » Bulgarian Citizen was Arrested in France because of Suspicion of a Prepared Attack
- » Another School Shooting: 10 Dead and 10 Wounded in Texas