Algerian Recidivist Sentenced 23 Years for 2 Attempted Murders
The Sofia City Court has sentenced Salahedin bin Aladdin to 11 years in jail for attempting to murder a man in Bulgaria's capital last May.
This is the second sentence bin Aladdin receives, after being handed 12 years in prison for stabbing a 20-year-old store clerk Viktoria Hristova last November. Both incidents happened around the central Pirotska Street.
The Algerian national, who was applying for a refugee status in Bulgaria, escaped to Greece shortly after his second crime. He was captured by the police there. Charges have also been pressed against a Bulgarian man who is believed to have assisted him to leave the country.
Bin Aladdin has 15 days to appeal the verdict.
- » At least Four Victims of a Suicide Bombing in Baghdad
- » Military Official Stabbed a Policeman in Plovdiv, probably after a Scandal for a Woman
- » Bulgarian Citizen was Arrested in France because of Suspicion of a Prepared Attack
- » Another School Shooting: 10 Dead and 10 Wounded in Texas
- » The Bulgarian Church Punished the Abbot, Caught Driving Drunk
- » A Man Scared Children at a School in Sofia (Updated)