Bulgaria Expects More Tourists from Ukraine, Belarus – Deputy Min
Bulgaria expects a significant tourist influx in the summer season, Deputy Economy Minister Branimir Botev announced at a tour operators meeting in Plovdiv, Thursday.
According to Botev, the number of visas issued for Belarusians only has increased by 12% this year.
The Deputy Minister of Economy expects an increase of Ukrainian tourists as well, due to the current situation in Crimea.
"The closest resorts for Ukrainians apart from Crimea, are those on the Bulgarian Black Sea coast," Botev said, as cited by BGNES.
According to him, there will be no decline in the numbers of Russian visitors, because holiday packages are negotiated several months in advance.
Over 60 organizations participate in the ongoing international tour operators meeting in the city of Plovdiv. The focus of this year's meeting is mainly on the cultural and wine tourism.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Three New Direct Flights from Bulgaria to the Seychelles will be Launched in 2023
- » Bulgaria exchanges Tourists with Greece for the Holidays
- » Hotels in Bulgarian Ski Resorts are Raising their Prices by 20%
- » Bansko won the World Ski Awards 2022 for the 10th time
- » Bulgarians will be able to Fly from Sofia to Oslo from the Summer of 2023
- » The Dutch Village in Pomorie closed, 500 people remain Unemployed