Bulgaria Expects More Tourists from Ukraine, Belarus – Deputy Min
Bulgaria expects a significant tourist influx in the summer season, Deputy Economy Minister Branimir Botev announced at a tour operators meeting in Plovdiv, Thursday.
According to Botev, the number of visas issued for Belarusians only has increased by 12% this year.
The Deputy Minister of Economy expects an increase of Ukrainian tourists as well, due to the current situation in Crimea.
"The closest resorts for Ukrainians apart from Crimea, are those on the Bulgarian Black Sea coast," Botev said, as cited by BGNES.
According to him, there will be no decline in the numbers of Russian visitors, because holiday packages are negotiated several months in advance.
Over 60 organizations participate in the ongoing international tour operators meeting in the city of Plovdiv. The focus of this year's meeting is mainly on the cultural and wine tourism.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Regime for Entry into Bulgaria of Citizens of some Countries is Changing
- » Bulgarian hoteliers: The winter season will end if the entry of foreign citizens is banned
- » Sofia Airport has served 3.3 million passengers in 2021
- » Direct flights from Bulgaria to the Seychelles will start in January 2022
- » Bulgarian Tourism is Recovering by up to 45%
- » Over 40% Growth in Bulgarians Traveling Abroad in November