Levski Fans Gather Money for Anniversary Match with Lazio
Fans of Bulgarian football club Levski Sofia have gathered EUR 75,000 for organizing the match against Lazio to commemorate the 100th anniversary of their team.
This is half the sum that the Italians have required (EUR 150,000) in order to come to Sofia on May 23. The rest of the money will come from sponsors and individual donors. Among the most generous of them will be former Levski star Georgi Ivanov-Gonzo, current striker Valeri Bojinov, and Levski basketball coach Konstantin Papazov, each of whom will give EUR 2,500 for the anniversary match, Dnevnik reported. Other legends of the club have also expressed willingness to donate.
Tickets for Levski – Lazio will go on sale Thursday.
Levski Sofia, often called "the club of the people", was created in 1914. It has won 26 Bulgarian league titles, which is the second highest, after their bitter rivals CSKA. The "blues" are also a traditionally strong side in basketball and volleyball as well.
Levski is the only Bulgarian team to have played in the group stage of the UEFA Champions League, season 2006/2007.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Biggest Horse Racing Countries in Europe
- » Bulgarian Boxer Kubrat Pulev convincingly Defeated Jerry Forest
- » Dimitrov Double Dips Stateside
- » For the First Time: Bulgarian Baseball Player with a Professional Contract in the USA
- » Here is How to Download the Betway Mobile apps for Android and iOS for Bulgaria
- » Four Betway bonuses that made this brand among the best in Bulgaria