Russia Condemns Conchita Wurst, Wants “Voice of Eurasia”
The Russian MP from the Communist Party Valerii Rishkin said Russia must stop participating in Eurovision contest and create its own - “Voice of Eurasia”, reports Interfax.
“The results of the latest Eurovision were the last straw,” he said. “We must leave this contest immediately, it is high time that we stop tolerating this madness. Each year Russia spends EUR 40 M on this.”
According to Rishkin, Russia had enough resources and possibilities to create its own song competition “Voice of Eurasia”. “We have global events such as the Olympics, we can have our own contest,” he said. “I think that all countries from the Eurasian space, as well as many others, will support us.”
The victory of Austrian transvestite Conchita Wurst, who attracted the public attention mostly with his somewhat weird appearance, sparked a public outrage in Russia.
The ruling party United Russia expressed its indignation with the victory of the “bearded drag queen”.
According to the deputy head of the parliamentary committee on family, women and children, Olga Batalina, the results of the Eurovision contest were the result of “propaganda of untraditional culture, including gay culture”.
The MP Vitalii Milonov demanded that the minister of culture Vladimir Medinskii bans the performances of Conchita Wurst to Russia.
“The stage image and the music, performed by this entity of unidentified sex, are in itself an insult to the majority of Russia and many other countries,” he said. “It would be a culpable negligence to let him on our territory.”
- » Germany Spent a Record € 23 Billion on Refugee Integration and Prevention of Migration
- » The EU Takes Measures to Combat Forest Fires
- » Serbia Introduces Life Imprisonment for The Worst Crimes
- » Eiffel Tower Evacuated. Find Out Why?
- » Google revoked Huawei’s Android license: The Official Huawei Statement
- » Theresa May Begins the Talks With Her Ministers on The Details of the Promised "Bold Offer" for Brexit