Bulgarians Spent BGN 2 B Around Easter
Bulgarians spent nearly BGN 2 B in the two weeks around the Easter holidays, shows data of the National Revenue Agency (NRA).
The analyzed data from the cash registers in the country shows that the exact sum was BGN 1 818 000 000, which is by BGN 185 M more than for Easter 2013.
Most significant growth in turnover was posted by the tour operators – by 67%, or BGN 3.2 M. In the same period Bulgarians spent BGN 10 M on cigarettes alone.
The relatively bad weather forced people to stay indoors, which brought considerable growth of the turnover of cinemas.
“The BGN 185 M difference between Easter this year and 2013 is a growth of 11%,” said the NRA spokesperson Rosen Bachvarov. “It is beyond the statistical error and shows that consumption was considerably higher.”
- » Boyko Borisov will Open the First Plovdiv Economic Forum
- » Prices of US Goods in Europe are Rising from Tomorrow
- » Angelkova Expects 5% Growth in Foreign Tourists
- » India Raises Import Duties for US
- » A New German Plant Opens 2000 Jobs in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Farmers are Preparing to Protest over Changes in Farmland Law