Landslide Victory for Federalists in Luhansk
According to preliminary counts, between 94 and 98 percent of voters in Ukraine's Luhansk region have voted for self-rule in Sunday's referendum.
"Since this morning, 28 territorial committees have been counted, and we are waiting for statistics from territorial committees from difficult regions, but according to preliminary data, 94 to 98 percent have voted for independence of the Luhansk People's Republic", the head of the local Elections Committee Alexander Malykhin stated, cited by RIA Novosti.
The voter turnout in the Luhansk referendum was reported at around 79%.
In the other referendum in Donetsk, just below 90% of the ballots went in favor of an autonomous Donetsk People's Republic, according to preliminary statistics.
- » Donald Trump Wants illegal Migrants to be Deported without Judges or Courts
- » EU - African, Caribbean and Pacific Countries Future Partnership: Council Adopts Negotiating Mandate
- » VAT Fraud: Agreement on Measures to Boost Administrative Cooperation
- » VAT Minimum Standard Rate Set Permanently at 15%
- » VAT Fraud: EU Approves Cooperation Agreement with Norway
- » Eurogroup Statement on Greece of 22 June 2018