Bulgaria's Energy Minister Predicts Coal Price Increase
Bulgarian Economy and Energy Minister Dragomir Stoynev has predicted a coal price increase.
Speaking Sunday in the southern town of Radnevo, he said that the price of coal produced by the Maritsa Iztok Mines would go up from BGN 75 to BGN 77 per tonne of conditional fuel in the new regulatory period.
The measure will introduce the second increase in coal prices in the past 12 months.
In the summer of 2013, the price of coal was increased from BGN 71.5 to BGN 75.
The measure is to result in an additional financial stabilization of the mines which have a staff of over 7000.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s “Kozloduy” NPP reports a record BGN 717.5 Million Profit for the First Nine Months
- » Europe: The Conditions for a Cold Winter with High Gas Prices are Set
- » Bulgaria: Natural Gas Price could Rise by about 3% in December
- » Five Neighborhoods in Sofia Without Heating and Hot Water until Tomorrow Night
- » Bulgaria: Additional Financial Assistance for Heating will be Provided
- » China is Increasing Coal Production. Calls on the Population to Stock Up on Food