Austria's 'Bearded Lady' Conchita Wurst Wins Eurovision
Austrian drag queen Conchita Wurst won the 59th annual Eurovision Song Contest held in Copenhagen on Saturday.
The Netherlands ranked second with a score of 238 points and Sweden won third place with 218 points, according to the BBC News.
Conchita Wurst, whose real name is Tom Neuwirth, won with the ballad Rise Like a Phoenix, collecting 290 points and scoring Austria's first victory in the contest since 1966.
The singer dedicated the night "to everyone who believes in a future of peace and freedom.
Some 26 countries performed at the Eurovision final, held at B&W Hallerne arena in Denmark's capital.
Bulgaria did not participate in this year's edition of Eurovision due to financial difficulties.
- » EU Looks to Screen Migrants in Africa to Stop Boatloads
- » Melania Trump Wears 'I Really don't Care do u?' Jacket on Migrant Visit
- » Russia and the UK are Running out of Beer because of the World Cup
- » The Bulgarian Presidency Drives the Debate on the Need to Further Promote Inclusive Education in Europe
- » Transparent and Predictable Working Conditions: Council Reaches General Approach
- » Eurogroup Statement on the Occasion of its 20th Anniversary