Passenger Trains to Run along Danube Bridge 2 as of Saturday
Regular passenger train service from Bulgaria's Vidin to Romania's Calafat along the Danube Bridge 2 starts Saturday.
Vladimir Andreev, CEO of the Bulgarian-Romanian joint venture Danube Bridge Vidin – Calafat, explained Thursday that the facility was ready for rail traffic.
Andreev, as cited by the Bulgarian Telegraph Agency (BTA), informed that the railway line would initially be serviced by Romanian trains.
He noted that two trains would travel from Bulgaria's Vidin to the Romanian village of Golenti, where the connection to Calafat would be made.
Andreev informed that the trains would travel mornings and afternoons along the route.
He also said that freight trains would also use the railway line by the end of the month, adding that rail freight transport required special organization. Andreev added that the design speed of trains for this railway section amounted to 140km/h.
Bulgarian Deputy Transport Minister Anton Ginev is to inaugurate the railway line along the New Europe bridge on Saturday in Vidin.
He is to welcome a Romanian delegation headed by the secretary of state of the Romanian Ministry of Transportation at the Vidin railway station.
- » Ukraine and Bulgaria will Build an International Road
- » There is Bulgarian "Liquid Gold" in over 2.3 Million Expensive French Perfumes
- » Summer Getaway! Where It Is Worth To Spend the Weekends ?
- » Samsung Will Have to Pay Over Half Billion Dollars to Apple
- » Bulgaria will Produce Parts for Airplanes "Airbus"
- » An Increase of Bulgarians Who Travel Because of Tourism