Monaco Set to Offer Berbatov New Contract
Bulgarian striker Dimitar Berbatov could sign an extension on his contract in Monaco by the end of this week.
The former Manchester United player arrived in the French League 1 side in January, playing a key part in many of the team’s wins, following the injury of Radamel Falcao.
Berbatov’s agent Emil Danchev is expected to arrive in Monaco in the following days to conclude negotiations on the new contract with the club, French media report cited by Gong.bg.
The only possible hurdle to a new deal may be the Bulgarian’s desire to sign for 2 years, while it is believed the club would prefer to offer him a 1-year extension.
Berbatov is approaching the end of his career at the age of 33, but his experience has proved invaluable for Monaco this season.
- » ALLIANZ TO BECOME WORLDWIDE OLYMPIC INSURANCE PARTNER
- » Kenyan Marathon Master Kipchoge Smashes World Record
- » Bulgaria and Italy End Russian Dominance on Final Day of Rhythmic Gymnastics World Championships
- » IOC President Thomas Bach Meets Bulgarian President Rumen Radev During Official Visit to Sofia
- » English Burton Albion Sign Bulgarian Goalkeeper Evtimov on Short-term Deal
- » Bulgaria Preparing Bid to Host 2024 Youth Winter Olympics