Monaco Set to Offer Berbatov New Contract
Bulgarian striker Dimitar Berbatov could sign an extension on his contract in Monaco by the end of this week.
The former Manchester United player arrived in the French League 1 side in January, playing a key part in many of the team’s wins, following the injury of Radamel Falcao.
Berbatov’s agent Emil Danchev is expected to arrive in Monaco in the following days to conclude negotiations on the new contract with the club, French media report cited by Gong.bg.
The only possible hurdle to a new deal may be the Bulgarian’s desire to sign for 2 years, while it is believed the club would prefer to offer him a 1-year extension.
Berbatov is approaching the end of his career at the age of 33, but his experience has proved invaluable for Monaco this season.
- » Goalkeeper Petkov Becomes Bulgaria's Oldest Player in Disappointing 1-1 Draw with Cyprus
- » Bulgarian Goalkeeper Dimitar Evtimov Extends Burton Stay
- » Second Blow for Bulgaria's National Football Team Before the Games Against Cyprus and Slovenia
- » Bulgaria's Nova Broadcasting Extends English Premier League Rights
- » Goalkeeper Dimitar Evtimov Could Make Bulgaria Debut after Impressing for English Burton Albion
- » Kubrat Pulev Could Challenge Anthony Joushua in 2019