Bulgaria 'Committed' to Sofia-Skopje Railway Link
Bulgaria is committed to building its part of the railroad between its capital Sofia and Macedonia's Skopje, Deputy Transport Minister Petar Kirov said on Tuesday.
On a meeting with his Macedonian counterpart Elena Kuzmanovska and a EC enlargement representative, Kirov also said that construction of the Bulgarian railroad segment will begin in parallel with that of Macedonia, which is to be complete between 2022 and 2023, Dnevnik.bg reports.
A modernization will also be carried out on the current infrastructure in the region of the new railroad between the countries.
The project will be conducted with EU funding, which could also be used by Macedonia, according to the enlargement official.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Grace Period for the Introdution of a "Green Certificate" has expired. From Today Controls Begin
- » Director of Hospital: More and More Young People and Children Suffer a Severe COVID-19
- » Bulgarian Tour Operators Expect a Difficult Winter Season
- » Unemployment in Bulgaria is Starting to Rise
- » Bulgarian Financier and TISP MP: The "Green Certificate" can Slow Down the Economy
- » Bulgarian Prof. Glomb: There is No Point in Antibody Tests