Bulgaria 'Committed' to Sofia-Skopje Railway Link
Bulgaria is committed to building its part of the railroad between its capital Sofia and Macedonia's Skopje, Deputy Transport Minister Petar Kirov said on Tuesday.
On a meeting with his Macedonian counterpart Elena Kuzmanovska and a EC enlargement representative, Kirov also said that construction of the Bulgarian railroad segment will begin in parallel with that of Macedonia, which is to be complete between 2022 and 2023, Dnevnik.bg reports.
A modernization will also be carried out on the current infrastructure in the region of the new railroad between the countries.
The project will be conducted with EU funding, which could also be used by Macedonia, according to the enlargement official.
- » Overtourism and Its Consequences
- » The Cost of the Bitcoin Exceeded $ 12,000
- » Gas Transit was Discussed in the Meetings of the Bulgarian Delegation in Moscow
- » New Opportunities Can be Uncovered for Energy co-op between Bulgaria, Azerbaijan
- » President Radev Participated in the 41st Session of the UN Human Rights Council (UPDATED)
- » Dupnitsa Company Imports Seamstresses from Moldova