Bulgaria 'Committed' to Sofia-Skopje Railway Link
Bulgaria is committed to building its part of the railroad between its capital Sofia and Macedonia's Skopje, Deputy Transport Minister Petar Kirov said on Tuesday.
On a meeting with his Macedonian counterpart Elena Kuzmanovska and a EC enlargement representative, Kirov also said that construction of the Bulgarian railroad segment will begin in parallel with that of Macedonia, which is to be complete between 2022 and 2023, Dnevnik.bg reports.
A modernization will also be carried out on the current infrastructure in the region of the new railroad between the countries.
The project will be conducted with EU funding, which could also be used by Macedonia, according to the enlargement official.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: National Plan for Absorption of Covid-19 Funding by End of 2020
- » COVID-19 in Austria: New Measures Announced
- » Bulgaria Borrowed BGN 5 Billion from International Markets
- » NSSI: Average Insurance Income in July is BGN 1058.71
- » Unemployment in Bulgaria fell to 7.5 Percent in August
- » Online Event: DevCon Live, November 3-24