Bulgaria 'Committed' to Sofia-Skopje Railway Link
Bulgaria is committed to building its part of the railroad between its capital Sofia and Macedonia's Skopje, Deputy Transport Minister Petar Kirov said on Tuesday.
On a meeting with his Macedonian counterpart Elena Kuzmanovska and a EC enlargement representative, Kirov also said that construction of the Bulgarian railroad segment will begin in parallel with that of Macedonia, which is to be complete between 2022 and 2023, Dnevnik.bg reports.
A modernization will also be carried out on the current infrastructure in the region of the new railroad between the countries.
The project will be conducted with EU funding, which could also be used by Macedonia, according to the enlargement official.
- » Minister Angelkova: We have to Continue Investing in Tourist Infrastructure in Bulgaria
- » Dr. Boyko Takov: We See Untapped Potential for Development of Trade and Investment Partnership between Bulgaria and Spain
- » New Ski Season Opens in Bulgaria’s Bansko Mountain Resort
- » Bulgartransgaz is at the Final Stage of Creating Gas Trading Market in Bulgaria
- » European Tour Properties Adds Bulgaria’s Pirin Golf & Country Club
- » Bulgaria to Seek Binding Bids for New Gas Link by Jan 16