Bulgaria 'Committed' to Sofia-Skopje Railway Link
Bulgaria is committed to building its part of the railroad between its capital Sofia and Macedonia's Skopje, Deputy Transport Minister Petar Kirov said on Tuesday.
On a meeting with his Macedonian counterpart Elena Kuzmanovska and a EC enlargement representative, Kirov also said that construction of the Bulgarian railroad segment will begin in parallel with that of Macedonia, which is to be complete between 2022 and 2023, Dnevnik.bg reports.
A modernization will also be carried out on the current infrastructure in the region of the new railroad between the countries.
The project will be conducted with EU funding, which could also be used by Macedonia, according to the enlargement official.
- » NSI: Increase in the Production of Unleaded Motor Gasoline - by 1.4% and Natural Gas
- » Commercial Banks in Bulgaria Have 5 Days to Decide on Payment Moratoria
- » ContourGlobal Maritsa East 3 TPP Produced 13% of the Country's Electricity since the State of Emergency’s onset
- » Rosatom Launches 3D Printed Valves for Pulmonary Ventilation
- » The Grand Canyon National Park Closed because of the Coronavirus
- » Petrol Stations: The Fuel Consumption Dropped by between 40 and 80% because of the State of Emergency