Bulgaria 'Committed' to Sofia-Skopje Railway Link
Bulgaria is committed to building its part of the railroad between its capital Sofia and Macedonia's Skopje, Deputy Transport Minister Petar Kirov said on Tuesday.
On a meeting with his Macedonian counterpart Elena Kuzmanovska and a EC enlargement representative, Kirov also said that construction of the Bulgarian railroad segment will begin in parallel with that of Macedonia, which is to be complete between 2022 and 2023, Dnevnik.bg reports.
A modernization will also be carried out on the current infrastructure in the region of the new railroad between the countries.
The project will be conducted with EU funding, which could also be used by Macedonia, according to the enlargement official.
- » Malta: How the Country is Dealing With Migrants at the Door of Europe?
- » In 2018 Bulgarian Exports to Saudi Arabia Exceeded USD 40 million
- » Bulgargaz Аnnounces a Competition For the Supply of Gas that is Not From Russia
- » The Energy and Water Regulatory Commission discusses how much to increase the price of the natural gas
- » BSMEPA: April 1 is the Deadline for Registration for Participation in the ANUGA 2019 Exhibition in Cologne, Germany
- » BSMEPA is a Partner in the Organisation of National Cluster Conference: March 26-27, Sofia Tech Park