Bulgaria 'Committed' to Sofia-Skopje Railway Link
Bulgaria is committed to building its part of the railroad between its capital Sofia and Macedonia's Skopje, Deputy Transport Minister Petar Kirov said on Tuesday.
On a meeting with his Macedonian counterpart Elena Kuzmanovska and a EC enlargement representative, Kirov also said that construction of the Bulgarian railroad segment will begin in parallel with that of Macedonia, which is to be complete between 2022 and 2023, Dnevnik.bg reports.
A modernization will also be carried out on the current infrastructure in the region of the new railroad between the countries.
The project will be conducted with EU funding, which could also be used by Macedonia, according to the enlargement official.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria will Seek Gas from Azerbaijan, Turkey or Russia
- » The Interconnector with Greece is Now Connected to the Bulgarian Network
- » Bulgaria has received Offers for the Supply of Natural Gas with a Secured Unloading Slot
- » These Bulgarian Electric Vehicles will be Among the Most Affordable on the World Market
- » Bulgaria: The Economy Grew by nearly 5% before the Start of Summer
- » Almost the Entire Management of "Bulgargaz" has been Replaced