Bulgaria 'Committed' to Sofia-Skopje Railway Link
Bulgaria is committed to building its part of the railroad between its capital Sofia and Macedonia's Skopje, Deputy Transport Minister Petar Kirov said on Tuesday.
On a meeting with his Macedonian counterpart Elena Kuzmanovska and a EC enlargement representative, Kirov also said that construction of the Bulgarian railroad segment will begin in parallel with that of Macedonia, which is to be complete between 2022 and 2023, Dnevnik.bg reports.
A modernization will also be carried out on the current infrastructure in the region of the new railroad between the countries.
The project will be conducted with EU funding, which could also be used by Macedonia, according to the enlargement official.
- » Angelkova Expects 5% Growth in Foreign Tourists
- » India Raises Import Duties for US
- » A New German Plant Opens 2000 Jobs in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Farmers are Preparing to Protest over Changes in Farmland Law
- » The Average Salary in Bulgaria Increases by about 10% in Recent Years
- » Bulgarian Sauvignon Blanc Received an International Award